A job where you make a lasting difference in someone else’s life isn’t a job at all—it’s a purpose.
Give your day a sense of purpose and fulfillment by applying for one of our open positions today.
We are a nonprofit organization that has helped people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families for more than 60 years. Our mission is to promote and protect the rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively support their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetime.
We are currently seeking a full-time Office Assistant to work 37.5 hours per week at our main office located in Hyannis, MA.
The Office Assistant’s primary responsibility is to support our program members visiting and calling into the office with kindness, care, and thoughtfulness, and by connecting them to the appropriate staff as needed. In addition, primary responsibilities include providing administrative support for our amazing team of dedicated staff, including:
• Screening and dispersing all incoming calls and voicemails and reporting any urgent requests or needs to the appropriate staff
• Ensuring that confidential information on our program members is secure and protected
• Creating weekly timesheets for direct care support staff and assisting the Business Manager in distributing time sheets to all support staff
• Assisting in compiling quarterly support hours for grants
• Overseeing distribution of weekly checks and gift cards as provided by the Rep-Payee and ensuring all checks and gift cards are signed out by program members or staff
• Maintaining a clean and tidy office
Job requirements are:
• High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of highly responsible office support and customer service experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience handling confidential records strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to effectively communicate and establish rapport with staff and program members
• Strong computer skills, including use of email, word docs, and spreadsheet applications
• A desire to serve and make a difference in the lives of others
• Rewarding work for those who want to make a difference and the opportunity to work with a great team of colleagues
• Competitive pay and benefits
Please follow the link below and submit a preliminary application if you are interested in our open positions.
The Arc of Cape Cod is an Equal Opportunity Employer.